Your licence may be suspended by court order following conviction for the following:
- If you don't tell the truth in an application, declaration, affidavit or paper required by the Highway Traffic Act, its regulations or the Ministry of Transportation
- If you don't tell the truth about vehicle liability insurance
- If you fail to insure your vehicle
- If you are convicted of some driving offences, included careless driving and driving 50 km/h or more over the speed limit
- If you repeatedly travel at 50km/h or more over the speed limit
Drivers can be suspended for up to 30 days for a first offence, up to 60 days for a second offence, and up to one year for a third or subsequent offence within a five-year period.