Ontario is helping electric car owners install charging stations at their homes and businesses to encourage sustainable transportation and fight climate change.
Starting Jan. 1, 2013, homeowners and businesses who received a provincial electric vehicle rebate and have installed or are planning to install an electric vehicle charging station will be eligible for rebates of up to $1,000 or 50 per cent of the total purchase and installation cost, whichever is lower.
Investing in sustainable transportation is part of the government's plan to keep Ontario clean and green while strengthening the economy. A strong economy protects the services that mean most to Ontarians — health care and education.
Learn more about how Ontario is encouraging the adoption of electric vehicles:
Electric Vehicle Incentive Program
- Electric Vehicle Incentive Program
- Eligible vehicles and incentive values
- Application form and guide
- Application for Demonstrator Vehicles with an Extended Mileage Limit
- Dealer Log for Demonstrator Vehicles with an Extended Mileage Limit
- Frequently asked questions
- Contact information