- Measuring applied pushrod stroke is a reliable method for inspecting brake adjustment.
- Inspection of brake adjustment at each wheel should be performed with air pressure between 621 and 690 kPa (90 and 100 psi), the engine shut off and service brakes fully applied.
- When pushrod stroke exceeds the adjustment limit of the brake chamber the brake is out of adjustment.
- Only qualified individuals may repair or re-adjust brakes.
- Drivers who have a valid Ontario air brake adjustment certificate are qualified to re-adjust the brakes on vehicles fitted with manual slack adjusters.
- The Ontario Highway Traffic Act and regulations prohibit the operation of a vehicle with a brake that is out of adjustment.