Follow these guidelines for carrying cargo:
- Keep the load light. Motorcycles and mopeds are not designed to carry much cargo. If you are using a top box or tank bags, do not overload them.
- Keep the load low. Do not pile loads against a frame on the back of the seat. This will change the centre of gravity and disturb the balance of the motorcycle or moped.
- Keep the load forward. Place the load over or in front of the rear axle. Anything mounted behind the rear wheel can affect how the vehicle turns and brakes. It can also cause wobble.
- Distribute the load evenly. If you have saddlebags, make certain the load in each is about the same. An uneven load can cause the vehicle to pull to one side.
- Secure the load. Make sure the load is securely fastened and near the centre of gravity. It is generally not a good idea to tie bundles to the top of the seat
- Check the load. Check the load regularly when you are stopped. Make sure it has not moved or become loose.