There are 23 Ontario Highway Service Centres located on highways 400 and 401 across Ontario. By end of Summer 2015, 20 of these sites will be fully modernized to provide improved service to all road travellers. These centres have been branded as ONroute.
Nineteen of the 20 sites are now fully operational. One site, Cookstown (Highway 400 southbound), is closed permanently and the new Innisfil replacement site is under construction. The new Innisfil site is located 5 km north of the previous Cookstown facility and will open by Summer 2015.
All service centres have the following services:
- washrooms that are fully and easily accessible
- self-service gas station open 24 hours a day
- full-service gas station open 7am to 10pm every day
- service for disabled drivers available 24 hours a day
- full-service convenience store open 24 hours a day
- quick service restaurant
- automated teller machines (ATM)
- seasonal rest/picnic areas
- self-serve information about Ontario travel and attractions
The redeveloped sites also have:
- free WiFi
- public telephones including teletypewriter (TTY) and 911
- pet areas
Two service centres have Ontario Travel Information Centres with travel counsellors: Tilbury South (401 eastbound) and Bainsville (401 westbound). These travel experts can help you with attraction passes, travel ideas and packages.
- easy to access, with signs placed well in advance so trucks have plenty of time to exit from the highway
- easy-access ramps and larger truck parking spaces