List of MTO's publications
- CycleON: Ontario's cycling strategy
- Drainage Management
- Environmental standards and practices for provincial transportation facilities
- Highway Corridor Management
- MTO Handbooks
- MTO Guidelines
- MTO Research Library online catalogue
- Result-based plan briefing books
- Road Talk
- Ontario Road Safety Annual Reports
- Southern and Northern Highways Programs
- Evaluation of Ontario’s Drinking & Driving Countermeasures
- High Speed Rail Feasibility Study
- Action Plan for Highway Construction Contracts and Oversight
CycleON looks ahead 20 years and outlines what needs to be done to promote cycling across the province as a viable mode of transportation.
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) has developed a number of drainage and hydrology documents to support consultants, design engineers, drainage professionals and MTO staff in the following areas:
Every provincial transportation project undergoes an environmental assessment process or screening before it can proceed.
Anyone planning to construct on or adjacent to a provincial highway may require a permit from the Ministry of Transportation (MTO).
The MTO Research Library provides online access to MTO's library catalogue and, more specifically, full-text access to the ministry's technical manuals and extensive research collection.
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) strives to be a world leader in moving people and goods safely, efficiently and sustainably to support a globally competitive economy and a high quality of life. In fulfilling this vision, the ministry supports the key Ontario government priorities of creating jobs and growth, and of building this province up for all Ontarians.
Road Talk is a monthly publication that focuses on new transportation technologies or innovations that can be implemented in transportation infrastructure.
The Ontario Road Safety Annual Report (ORSAR) shows the current state of road safety in Ontario for the year that it is produced. Statistics are presented on fatalities, injuries and property damage collisions.
The Southern Highways Program (SHP) and Northern Highways Program (NHP) are annually published, five-year investment plans for highway construction in southern and northern Ontario.
Find out what the ministry is doing to be more sustainable, and read our sustainability strategy and implementation plan.
A comprehensive, systematic evaluation of Ontario’s drinking and driving countermeasures.
High Speed Rail Feasibility Study
A detailed Action Plan that includes nearly 50 steps the Ministry of Transportation will take in response to the Auditor General's recommendations on Road Infrastructure Construction Contract Awarding and Oversight.
How to order a hardcopy of any of these publications:
- Online at: www.serviceontario.ca/publications
- By phone through the ServiceOntario Contact Centre (Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM)
- 416-325-3408 (TTY)
- 1-800-668-9938 Toll-free across Canada
- 1-800-268-7095 TTY Toll-free across Ontario