The Medical Review Section, Driver Improvement Office (DIO), is committed to improving road user safety and mobility in Ontario by efficiently and effectively delivering medical review programs based on policy and legislation.
- The Medical Review Section will review your case and take appropriate action within 30 business days 90% of the time. In cases where additional information is required, additional time may be needed.
- Performance is measured by turnaround time of case processing.
- MTO wants to get people back on the road that meet medical standards – in these cases, MTO met the service commitment 94% of the time.
- For cases which result in suspensions, MTO met the service commitment 93% of the time.
- When MTO needs to seek the advice of others (physicians, professional driver fitness assessors) it takes more time to complete the case review.
Action to Address Performance Issues:
- Realign staff to target specific workload areas where required.
- Maximize use of technology to facilitate quicker, more efficient case processing.
- Ongoing work with staff to ensure efficient and sound decision-making.