Preventive Maintenance, Record-Keeping and Vehicle Files Learning Objectives
As you work through this module, you will be able to:
- Determine if you need a preventive-maintenance program.
- Determine your responsibilities regarding your vehicles.
- Plan for and complete required daily inspections.
- Identify and plan for all required vehicle inspections.
- Develop and use inspection schedules and inspection reports.
- Meet the requirements of the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP).
- Meet the requirements of driver and vehicle roadside Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) inspections conducted on drivers and vehicles.
- Meet the requirement of the Bus Information Tracking System (BITS) for bus operators.
- Ensure that vehicle records are appropriately completed and kept.